Friday, April 19, 2013

Sewing Along!

My sewing is coming along really well these days.  One big project is well underway and another smaller one is almost done (next post!).  In the process I managed to finish two more Barrister's blocks by using the units as leaders and enders.  In between, I cranked out a cute apron for my future daughter-in-law's bridal shower.

Christine's Apron

I forgot to take a picture of the finished apron -- after all, it's just an apron.  Christine is a city girl, wears black, so I wanted something "her" (even though my son was the one who requested the rolling pin!).  The apron pattern is great -- fully adjustable without hardware (buckles etc.), so anyone can wear it.  Still, dessert is what it's all about, right?  Hence the apron fabric:

On to the Barrister's Blocks:

Indian Plume

More tiny half-square triangles (1" finished).  I'd actually started this in Florida, but I'd cut the pieces wrong and had to start over again when I got home.   Great way to use scraps of fabric that you don't really like -- they're too small to see anyway! 



Domino Net

A really easy block!  Strip-piece the nine-patches to make it even easier.  It takes longer to cut out than it does to sew.  Gotta love that!

 Today was the last class in the current Simple Sampler class at Pieceful Quilting.  During Show-an-Tell, several people asked to see the Barrister's Blocks that I had with me.  It was fun to finally share the work-to-date.  The blocks look much better when they are held up at the front of a classroom, instead of peering at them from a few inches away!  I'm really motivated to finish the blocks and sew them into a quilt!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment