Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sunflower Stars!

My One-Block Wonder quilt top is done -- I just had to share it with you!

The inner border is a deep gold.  The lovely Colleen from my favorite LQS found the fabric for the outer border -- on the sale rack!!  It's a slightly uneven stripe with gold, rust, green and black.  It looks like a piano key border, but no sewing required (except to attach it to the quilt, of course!).


I was stumped about where to spread it out, ended up taping it to the back fence.  Note to self:  seek a better system.  Removing the tape pulled the loose threads out of the border! 

This oblique view is washed out by the bright sun, but the stars really pop.  It's amazing how these quilts change when you look at them from different angles.


Now I have to figure out how to quilt this baby.  I've poked around on the web for ideas, but nothing really called to me.  Let me know what you think.  You don't have to sign in on Google and join the blog to comment!  If you have a quilting friend, ask her (or him) to look at this and make a suggestion!




No comments:

Post a Comment