Friday, April 27, 2012

Good Food Night!

Well, sometimes things don't go as you expect (or hope).  As I mentioned in an earlier post, when the quilting gets tough, quilters need to eat!  It's been a frustrating week, so tonight was a Good Food night.

A new fish store has opened in my home town.  Stopped by today and they had fresh rainbow trout from Idaho, just in this morning.  Each was just under a pound, so I got two.  


I put some fresh dill and rosemary into the cavity of each fish, added a couple of slices of lemon and some salt and pepper.  Wrapped each fish in bacon (don't know what happened to the photos, but I'm sure you know the bacon-wrap drill!) and slipped them under the broiler for about 6 minutes on each side.


While the fish broiled, I blanched asparagus from a nearby farm (just get some from the refrigerator in the barn and leave the money in a plastic container).  When the fish was almost done, I heated up some butter and olive oil in a pan and tossed in the blanched asparagus to warm up.  Then added a squirt of fresh lemon just before serving

For the carbs, I boiled some red-skinned potatoes (not new ones yet, but soon).  To serve, added some snipped chives from the garden, some fresh dill, and a bit of butter.


Since we didn't have dessert, I put the bacon back under the broiler while everything else finished up.  Crumbled on top of the trout -- yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment