Friday, September 4, 2020

Is a Puzzlement...



Last February or early March, I embarked on a jigsaw puzzle (who didn't?).  It's a picture of eight of Bonnie Hunter's quilts, none of which I have ever made.  I barely had the pieces sorted (thank heaven for my portable puzzle table with drawers!) when we took off for Florida.  Dear reader, you know what happened then. When we returned home in May, there it was, staring back at me.💀 It took a while, but I finally got back to it.


This thing is 1000 pieces, 20" x 28", and hard as the devil.  Even sorting by color is hard, because Bonnie uses scraps from multiple projects in other projects.  So the blue that you think goes in one quilt will most likely show up in another one.  And just to make it more fun, a large part of a couple of the quilts were covered by the label, so I had no idea what those areas looked like.  I mean, I knew what the block pattern was, but didn't know what colors went where.

It took weeks to finish.  I finally ended up sorting the pieces within each quilt by shape.  But what a sense of satisfaction when it was done!!!  I left it together for a while, then started taking it apart, but the pieces were pretty well attached.  So most of it is still together.  I'm thinking of giving it to Kelli at the quilt shop to frame.  Only trouble is, I'd have to put the rest of the puzzle back together.  Argghhh.


No comments:

Post a Comment