Sunday, March 6, 2016

Quilting for Exercise!

Happy National Quilting Month!

I am so bummed.  I will be away for the next two weeks, so will be unable to do any quilting during National Quilting Month.  Boo!  The upside (I guess) is that I will drop off my machine for a much-needed cleaning etc. while I'm gone.  (Well, there's also the upside that I'll be visiting people I love in Florida!).  I'll have a few posts, but still.

So here's my Tip for the Day:

I recently got a Fitbit.  I like it -- low-end, but it does remind me that I need to keep moving.  It's amazing how many steps you can get in by putting your ironing board in a different room than your sewing machine.  But today was an eye-opener.

Today I walked for a couple of miles, then settled in to do some machine quilting.  That part didn't go so well, so I ended up doing a lot of seam-ripping of some decorative stitching that didn't turn out the way I'd hoped.  I was just sitting there, whacking away at those stitches, when my FitBit buzzed that I'd met my step goal.  Cool!  Except that I was just ripping out seams.  Maybe I was bouncing up and down in frustration, too, but I don't think so.

So keep this in mind.  If you need a few extra steps to meet your fitness goal, go ahead and unstitch those sub-par seams!  Frog stitching works!  Rippit, rippit.

'Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment